It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout. The point of using Lorem Ipsum is that it has a more-or-less normal distribution of letters, as opposed to using 'Content here, content here', making it look like readable English. Many desktop publishing packages and web page editors now use Lorem Ipsum as their default model text, and a search for 'lorem ipsum' will uncover many web sites still in their infancy. Various versions have evolved over the years, sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose (injected humour and the like).

Add Reply
New Poll

Try Everything..., Chessa | Tour RP | Past!
River Jourdain
 Posted: Jul 8 2016, 11:00 PM

I WANNA TRY EVERYTHING,
I wanna try, even though I could fail.
TAG: @Chessa Lynn

NOTES: Shiiiiip it?

He couldn't have been happier if he had been kissed on stage tonight, again. He really couldn't. Laughing as he was tugged against the shirtless, sweaty raven bassist, the bright-eyed, steel-orbed witch couldn't help but hug the man against his side briefly before pulling away, getting rounded down the hallway toward the meet and greet setup their manager had gotten settled in the back.

Marley had gone ahead, as per usual, and Sabbie had only hung back to make sure that Riv was coming along. Of course, unlike Sabriel, River chose to keep his shirt on, and with a roll of his eyes as the man pouted at the clean, changed shirt on the taller raven, Riv only smiled before padding down with full intent to enjoy this. The fans were what kept him going up on that stage every night while on the lonely road, and honestly... he wasn't willing to just let them down. He'd played with broken ribs once, and a broken nose from an accidental water bottle tossed too hard.

Fun times.

Rounding the corner as he made his way into the back room, a rather wide area that kind of surprised him, Sabriel had stepped out ahead to meet with the crowd, while River stepped around the table to talk with some of the others who weren't crowding the table/booth setup and photo ops. Sabbie was the attractive one, the flirty ad always unaffected extrovert on stage, and with the fans, he remained the same.

While Rivvie could flirt or play around, he was much more reserved. Making sure his hearing aid was set in properly, he stepped to approach the loners, offering a smile and wave as security kept their eyes on the small group. Maybe twenty-five people at most, but even this was kind of... not his scene.

"Pleasure, dahlin's. How are y'all? Like the show?" Small talk he was shit at, but hey, he could attempt. "I, uh... hi." A tilt of his head, lopsided smile offered up and a tiny chuckle escaping past his lips, Riv felt a lot more connected to the people here than he did up on stage. He could see them better, could hear them, could see the love and adoration in their eyes. This made it all worth it.

A hug from a few of them, River chuckled before a good few of them went to snag photos with the others. A few didn't go yet, and Riv was more than happy to start a small conversation and sign CDs. After all, while Sabbie was the flair... well, Riv was the sound.

PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Chessa Lynn
 Posted: Jul 8 2016, 11:30 PM

Ready or not, I'm kicking ass and taking names
Chessa was a woman with a plan.

She'd been planning this for months now. Well, technically she had been prepping for years, but she'd concocted this wild plan after she'd first heard Hollow Bones Inc.'s sophomore album and really started to dig into their music. It was like love at first listen. This was the band she wanted to work with. She'd been searching for a while now, doing some volunteering with different touring bands but never really ready to settle down with any of them. Now? She was more determined than she had ever been.

After attending four concerts before this one - two for her own enjoyment, two to figure out the layout of everything - she'd come to this one prepared. Tugging the resume out from under her shirt where it had been held in place by her bra, the brunette headed into the meet and greet area like a mini whirlwind of frenetic energy. Her eyes slid around the room, thoughtful of her approach. Sabriel was a nonstarter - the flock of fangirls was like a cloud of lust, perfume, and sweat that she didn't want to try to penetrate. She could try Marley, but maaaaaybe she was a little intimidated by the drummer, being one herself.

Her gaze settled on River and something clicked. Sneakers smartly slapping against the floor, she slipped her way expertly through the few loners to get to the guitarist. Once in front of him, she presented the sheets of paper documenting her drumming expertise and numerous backstage ventures with a flourish. "Chessa Lynn, drumming technician extraordinaire and eager to be of assistance." Dear fuck, she hoped this worked.

PMEmail
^
River Jourdain
 Posted: Jul 8 2016, 11:41 PM

I WANNA TRY EVERYTHING,

The crowd was far from Riv's expertise, but at least the group of five or so around him had semi-dispersed. That seemed to ease his nerves, but as a young woman approached, the steel-eyed witch turned his head to greet her with a shy smile, but her words and her... presentation were... throwing him for a mental loop.

This woman was something else.

"I'm sorry, did I hear you right?" Blinking, moving to take the papers from her grasp and tilting his head, the raven grazed his orbs over the words on the front page before looking at her once more. "I, um..." Aw, shit. She wanted a job? This wasn't... Okay, well, technically he, Mars, and Sab called the shots, but...

"I'm sorry, I, uh... I don't... I'm confused, there, dahlin'. What's all this about?" Reading the first paragraph or so, he couldn't help but toss her another confused look. "Are you actually serious, or...?" Oh boy. He had met some people who were rather... obsessed, but...

He hoped that this one wasn't a hyper-fan, too. At least this one wasn't trying to jump his bones. Good gods, that never went over well. It was why he made an effort to keep his shirt of at the meet and greets, after all. Unlike the brunette quipping away with a wink to some young girl and winking. oi.

PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Chessa Lynn
 Posted: Jul 8 2016, 11:50 PM

"I want a job," she said bluntly, bouncing on the balls of her feet out of nerves. She wasn't too great at staying still for too long. That was why she was so drawn to drums and working the stage, even if it was backstage for the most part. He looked confused and that really didn't bode well for her. Dammit, she really needed this to work out.

"I'm dead serious, Mr. Haggard. I don't think I've been more serious about something in my life, and I'm really not usually a serious person. Not to say that I'm not serious, I mean... Okay, let's backtrack," Chessa laughed sheepishly, running her fingers nervously through her hair, "I've been playing the drums since I was five. I've worked with about nine bands for varying lengths of time. I know how to set up and break down a set. I can sell merch, I can get what you need. I can be the best damn roadie you've ever seen. All I need is the chance."

Biting the inside of her cheek, Chess hooked her thumbs in the belt loops of her jeans, rocking back on her heels. She really, really hoped this worked.

PMEmail
^
River Jourdain
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 12:07 AM

I WANNA TRY EVERYTHING,

Okay, so he had heard her right. He wasn't just mishearing her. okay... But her explanation didn't mean he knew how to respond. Lifting his eyes from the papers to the girl in front of him, he couldn't help but frown. "I... How old are you?" Shit. She looked so sweet, and he had a really hard time saying no to people -- which was why normally he wasn't the one doing these things. Hiring was more Sabbie's deal, he was sharp and initiative. Well, when sober, at least. Then again, Riv was a wonderful judge of character.

"I... Please, call me Riv. I, uh..." oh boy. She seemed so sweet, so excited! He couldn't just... tell her no. That seemed heartless.

Though, he didn't have too much else to say before the papers in his hands were snagged up by his best friend and the drummer, who'd been watching a bit once Riv had gotten all flustered.

"Drums, huh? Any chance I can pull you to check over my kit and see what was makin' it all wonky during the last half?" Marley's gaze slid over to the bouncy girl, and Riv couldn't help but stare between them. "Show me what ya got, and if you're as good as you're claiming, I was to see it for m'self, pretty lamb." Winking, Marley stepped between the pair, padding down the back hallway after giving Sabbie a wry glance. Riv stood, stunned for a full five seconds before he moved to follow.

Well, this was an interesting turn of events. "I-I, hey, Mars, I-"

"I'm sure she'll do fine, and Sabbie won't miss us for a few minutes. He's too distracted trying to get laid." Eyes glancing to the young want-to-be-roadie, the drummer moved to lead them to the back of the stage, where some of the instruments were getting torn down. With a motion from the witch, the two who were messing with the tech stepped away, knowing better than to anger Mars. Plus, they were protective of their beloved grunge-era kit.

"I still don't think this is wise," Riv replied softly, only to earn Mars scoffing and offering the tech desk ad the kit to the young girl.

"Impress me, and you're all mine, got it?"

PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Chessa Lynn
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 12:29 AM

She had to admit he was even cuter in person. Maybe it was because she was rather sweet on people who were easily flustered or shy, but she just couldn't help but smile. At his question, she easily replied, "I'm twenty one." Finally, it was actually true. So maybe she was used to lying about her age, but this time she was able to be genuine about it. She'd graduated not too long ago and she was desperate to get her life started. Chessa had been trying to escape home for years now. This was finally her time to do it.

Her brain screeched to a halt when a familiar figure popped into their conversation. Fuck. Oh fuck. It was Marley Rodriguez. She had mad respect for them; they were probably one of the best drummers she'd ever heard. And they wanted to hear her play? And they called her pretty? It was lucky Chessa wasn't fainting. At least she had a chance to prove her mettle though. "Alright. Yeah, of course. Let me at it." Nodding her head as the nerves started to make her extra jittery, she managed a determined smile as she followed after the two band members. She could do this.

Eyes wide as she headed backstage, she stuck as close as she could without eavesdropping, looking around at the other roadies working on tear down. If this worked, she'd be joining them soon. Heading up towards the drums, she excitedly broke ahead as Marley unleashed her on the drum kit, eyes scanning over the instrument with an expert eye. "Let's see... Little this and a little that," she hummed and hawed as she got to work, tweaking little things she saw that were a little off. That should do it.

Picking up the drum sticks, she twirled one between her fingers before unleashing herself onto the percussion instrument. Her hands flew, the rhythm rapid and intricate, layering sounds and melding them together. There was a neat precision in how she played, a wide smile blooming across her face as she worked. With a flourish, she turned towards the two musicians, beaming.

"So? Whatcha think?"

PMEmail
^
River Jourdain
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 12:43 AM

I WANNA TRY EVERYTHING,

"Don't be such a spoilsport," Marley murmured as they watched the young woman tear off to the kit, bumping their shoulder into River's own, "Just let 'er try." The pair of witches glanced at each other, Riv worried and nervous, while Marley seemed calm and a bit excited. both of them rose their gaze up after a moment, but when Mars's eyes spied the girl picking up their drum sticks, they couldn't help but tense some. Though...

"I'll be damned." That was... spot on. Marley sent a glare to the tech guy nearby, silently frustrated that this girl had gotten it figured out, and yet for the past two weeks, their techie hadn't been able to get it right.

River chuckled a bit as he eyed up the girl on the kit, moving over and leaning against a tall amp, shaking his head. "Well... I think Marley's gonna need a new techie."

Moving over after the older witch, Marley offered back the papers and crossed their arms over their chest, humming a bit, eyes narrowing. "I don't want your papers, kid. What I do want is ta get'cha set up as quick as ya can. When can you start? I'm done dealin' with half-pint over there." River flinched a bit at Marley's semi-sharp tone. Of course, he was used to Marley being a bit cross at times, but... they had a tendency to be harsh now and again.

"What about Sabs?" River asked after a moment, "Won't he be questioning this?"

"Eh, it's two against one. Plus," Mars grinned as they turned their eyes over to the shy raven, glancing at Chessa for a long moment beforehand, "Are you really gonna say no to two pretty young things like us?"

River paused as he peeked at the pouty look from Marley, then his eyes slid to the newbie.

Well, shit.

PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Chessa Lynn
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 01:11 AM

Flushed from the adrenaline pumping through her system, Chessa peeked up at Riv since he was closest to her. His words were like music to her ears and she couldn't help but stare at him in almost disbelieving awe as she struggled to comprehend. "Wait... really? Like, really really?" She couldn't believe it. Of course she'd come here with the sole purpose of landing this job, but she'd never really believed it would happen... But by some kind of magic, she'd done it!

Somehow, she'd impressed Marley Fucking Rodriguez. Not only that, Marley was actually offering her the job of her dreams!

Dragging her jaw up off the floor, she eagerly bounced up onto her feet, holding in a squeal as she bounded towards the drummer and snatched her resume out of their hands, clutching the papers to her chest. "Now! I can start now. I'm actually all packed, got everything I need in my car. Thought it might be a good luck thing, and hey, it worked!" she laughed, positively beaming as she looked between them, "I can follow along in my car. Just give me whatever needs to be done and I'll do it."

Turning her eyes to River, she unleashed the biggest, bluest puppy dog eyes. "Please? I promise I'll work hard for my keep. You've seen what I can do with a drum kit, but there's so much more I've got up my sleeves. I promise you won't be disappointed."

PMEmail
^
River Jourdain
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 01:21 AM

I WANNA TRY EVERYTHING,

Yeah, he was fucked. He knew it from the moment Marley had those big amethyst eyes on him, and Chessa's own baby blues made him flush. Blushing darkly as they both gave him the look, the witch bit his lip briefly before he inhaled heavily, exhaling with a groan on his breath. "Gods dammit... Okay, okay. Okay. But please don't be a hassle? Shit." Rubbing at his neck, Marley pumped their fist into the air before tugging the girl beside them into a hug, laughing.

"See? He's a big softy," Mars murmured briefly before pulling back, shaking their head, dark hair going everywhere still, peering out from over the brim of their sunglasses. "She's mine, I can handle this one. Right, girlie? What's yer name, anyway?" Humming, Mars eyed up the human for a moment before grinning. "I think I'm gonna like my new techie. Wot'cha think, Rivvie?"

"Yeah, yeah, I-- wait, what'd you ask?" The guitarist blinked as he peeked over, tilting his head and blinking owlishly.

"I asked if you wanted to get ice cream with us!" A grin on the drummer's face, Mars winked at Chessa before moving to pull them both along with her back down the hallway. "Sabbie can fuck whoever in the tour bus, I don't wanna walk in on that ever again. Noisy cis men, I swear..."

The blush on Riv's face couldn't have been darker.

PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Chessa Lynn
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 01:34 AM

"Yes!" She pumped her fist in triumph, positively beaming at him. "I promise, I'll be the most hassle-free roadie ever! You'll see!" On fucking cloud nine, Chessa enthusiastically wrapped her arms around Marley in a hug. Holy shit, she was hugging Marley Rodriguez. Yup, best day in her life hands down.

Okay, so the butterflies in her stomach when Marley went all 'she's mine' were unexpected, but she really wasn't going to dwell on that right now. She'd come here for a job, not to hook up with the band. "Oh! Oh, right. I'm Chessa. Chessa Lynn," she replied, sticking out her hand for a shake as she grinned. So Lynn wasn't her original last name, but it was a way to reinvent herself. She was sticking to it.

Giggling at River's slight lapse, she allowed Marley to tow her along behind them as they headed out for frozen sugary deliciousness. "So Sabriel really is as much of a lothario as the rags say, huh? Can't say I envy you guys on that part. Guessing you've walked in quite a few times? I used to do that all the time with my big brother. Same kind of swagger, just without the fangirls."

PMEmail
^
River Jourdain
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 10:14 PM

I WANNA TRY EVERYTHING,

Tugged along with the other two, trying to igore the blush on his cheeks, River peeked at them both curiously. At Chessa's inquiry of Sabriel, though, he could only groan and nod. "You don't get used to it. He's a complete shut in when he's on the bus, though. Not a big talker unless he's drunk."

"Ain't that the truth... Unless you're a pretty twink, he's not gonna give ya a second glance after an orgasm. I mean, fuck his bones all you like, but he's pretty much as homoromatic as they come. Sooooooo, missy. What frew ya to our band, huh? Must know us and our music pretty well if you knew to snag up Rivvie first." Mars grinned as they tugged the young roadie against their side, tilting their head.

"Easy, Mars, no reason to scare anyone off that fast." Moving to lead to a nearby row of food carts, Riv eyed up a few wonderful-sounding concoctions before ordering his own. After all, who would ever say o to coffee- flavoured ice cream!?

Riv sure as fuck never would.

Ordering their own ice cream and paying ahead for the three of them peeking at Chessa and offering a smile, the drummer stepped aside with the lyricist, going to lean against a wall for the moment and work on their respective treats. "but it's a legit question! What makes ya wanna join so bad, eh, girlie?

PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Chessa Lynn
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 10:46 PM

Well wasn't she learning all sorts of fun things about the band. She'd have to watch out for Sabriel, sounded like. Of course she admired him - he was hell on wheels with that bass - but he was a grade A flirt from all the accounts she'd heard and they'd pretty much confirmed it. Interesting that he was homoromantic, though. He seemed like such a ladies' man. People were always full of surprises. Too bad her family hated surprises.

Squeaking as Marley tugged her against their side, Chessa laughed as she replied, "Nah, it's all good. I just... Well, I found you guys during a pretty difficult time in my life. I heard the music and I was hooked. I always wanted to work with a band on the road and when I found you guys... well, it just kind of clicked, you know?" She wasn't ready to admit she'd found them in the library, since that was one of the few places she could get access to computers and the like. She'd needed to recharge a few things and using free energy was always smart. Finding that first Hollow Bones Inc. song had been a random happenstance but it really had changed her life.

Grabbing for her strawberry ice cream with a thankful smile, she moved with them to the wall with a soft hum. "I just really want to make something of myself. I want to help you guys because I really do believe that your music helps people. And since I have the skills to do so, why not? It was worth a shot." Besides, it'd be nice to have an actual reason to sleep in her car outside of not wanting to spend her limited money on an apartment and her pride refused to let her sink to a shelter.

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by jae/nicole (i, ii, iii, iv). mini profile by jae/nicole.