It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout. The point of using Lorem Ipsum is that it has a more-or-less normal distribution of letters, as opposed to using 'Content here, content here', making it look like readable English. Many desktop publishing packages and web page editors now use Lorem Ipsum as their default model text, and a search for 'lorem ipsum' will uncover many web sites still in their infancy. Various versions have evolved over the years, sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose (injected humour and the like).

Add Reply
New Poll

The Story Of Tonight~, RF || Lara Lovely
Melody Jourdain
 Posted: Jun 2 2016, 01:17 AM

Music was his lifeblood and nothing would convince his soul otherwise. While people were not his thing, Melody loved the power music held over others, the way that all it took was a sweet groove from a guitar to make the heart swoon, and how the right lyrics or visual could break someone into a mess of upset or happy memories. For all it was worth, music was everything.

Stirring a cocktail quietly with his little plastic stick shaped like a pineapple at the end, his gaze lingered across the table at his sibling as the finished off their respective dinners, chuckling as he watched her with a fondness that probably was a bit too fond for a half sibling to have over their baby sister, but at least they'd never once considered each other off limits. After all, their family was... well, they were related to a Haggard, his teaching sort of rubbed off.

And it sure wasn't some 'pure' thing that made Mel's attraction to Lara strong. He simply was, he never liked to question what the world gave him. But that didn't mean he wasn't hurt that her eyes were set on her cocky thief, a weird kind of guardian idiot, per se. "Gotta admit, good choice," he complimented with a smile, chuckling under his breath as he watched her from under the rim of his glasses and ran a hand through his shaggy dark hair, "I haven't been 'round here in a while. Good year plus now."

Mel's words trailed off as his eyes slid off her and onto the stage where the entertainment would be after bit, his free hand grazing at the tablecloth under the very tips of his fingers quietly, tapping out the beat to the song playing in the background, something he couldn't place, but he could get the beat down enough to play the min--finger-drums against the table.

"How's the classes going? You're buried in your books more than I was when I went ta school here." Smiling teasingly, Mel peered back over with a cant of his head, flashing the tiniest of smirks as it curled his lip. "Should I be jealous?"

Let's have another round tonight...
@Lara Jourdain | Pronouns: He/him/his | Shiiiiiiiip it.
PMWebsiteAIM
^
Lara Jourdain
 Posted: Jun 2 2016, 02:15 AM

the story of tonight~
tag: @Melody Jourdain. notes: ship eeet!
raise a glass to freedom, something they can never take away no matter what they tell you.
Licking mayo off her thumb with a happy rumble, Lara glanced across the table at Mel with grin. This had definitely been a good idea. Finals were fast approaching and she needed a break from the books. While she was enjoying the hell out of university, it could be fucking draining by the end of the day. It meant that she was rarely out of her bedroom unless she was out and about with Telly and Chess or was working at Sweet Cheeks. That didn't leave a ton of time to spend with her sibling and she was more than a little relieved to have the chance to set some time aside for just the two of them.

Reaching for the fruity cocktail she'd ordered, the little fae sipped away as she tried to ignore the look Mel was giving her. It wasn't like nothing was there. Mel was... well, adorable. And hot. And also her half sibling. But dammit, they were only half related! A little looking didn't hurt anything, right? Bah. Either way, she was here to get Melody laid tonight and she was not about to fail her mission. Not when it could take her mind off of things.

"I know it is. Afta all, I drag Telly and Chess around here after classes every once and a while," she replied with a chuckle, tucking a blonde curl behind her ear, "It's really been a year for ya? Wow. You've been missing out, big sib." It wasn't the best place close to campus, but it was comfy and the food was good. Plus, the bands on the weekends were pretty fun to chill out and listen to. Better than being stuffed away studying, at least.

Tilting her head, she couldn't help but let out a soft laugh. "Nah, you don't have to be jealous of my books. Advanced Sexuality and Queer Theory is kicking my ass, that's all. I love it, though. Got a lot of personal knowledge to add to the discussion and all," she chuckled, nabbing up a fry and cramming it in her mouth, "What about you? What've you been up to lately? I feel like I know more about Andy's life than I do yours these days."

PMEmail
^
Melody Jourdain
 Posted: Jun 2 2016, 02:32 AM

Dammit. She was far too cute, too young to be so attractive to him, but half of the time, he wanted to tug her against a fucking wall and ravish her personally. Not that he could do something like that with his little one around, but... Fuck. He was annoyingly aroused, he could blame the alcohol and the encroaching heat slowly starting to kick in with summer soon, but he knew it was more than that. His arousal only showed up around a few people, and it was annoying to deal with. Maybe looking into a few things wouldn't be bad... and he kind of missed the feeling of carrying. But still, he had to keep himself in decent health if he wanted to do anything like that.

Nursing his drink, licking his lips of the strong cocktail ensnared in his fingers, Mels smiled over at her with a chuckle, shaking his head. "At least you're enjoying it all, honey. That's the big thing. But you gotta admit, having me around is probably a good upside. Teaching others is somethin' ya gotta deal with. Rather teach than spread more issues." Peeking at Lara quietly, he set down his glass after downing a good half of it, shuddering from the hard burn.

"Lately? It's just been emails back and forth with a few couples, not sure I'm too keen on just anyone, never really know what someone is species-wise without a blood test, and... well. I'd rather not be in pain fer seven months straight again." Shaking his head, Mel shrugged briefly before leaning back in his chair with a slow, heavy exhale, his voice rougher from the alcohol taking it's slow toll on his rather... lightweight system.

"Programming a few things, got a stronger firewall, but Indie still gets past it like nothin'. I'll get better at it with time. Takes him about half a minute to break in compared to instantly now." Grinning slightly, the hybrid peeked at the ceiling, tilting his head to one side in thought.

"But aside from that? Not much. Andy's the big thing these days. Gotta make sure that if I do pick a couple, that it wouldn't interfere too much. I mean, I know our family ain't too far, but... I don't like askin' fer any kinda help."

PMWebsiteAIM
^
Lara Jourdain
 Posted: Jun 2 2016, 03:17 AM

the story of tonight~
raise a glass to freedom, something they can never take away no matter what they tell you.
It was kind of funny that while she wasn't technically legal yet - only a little over a month, she was almost there! - she still could hold her liquor better than her sibling could. She could already see the start of Mel's buzz taking over him, the slightly glassy look in his eyes, the dopey ass smile. It was far too cute and she really shouldn't find it endearing, but it was. She just had to put it out of her mind. Think about Dodger or something. Although that road was just leading to disaster as well, but at least they weren't sort of related...

What was with her and older men?

Shaking her head, she nibbled on another fry as she listened. "Gotta admit, having you around is definitely helpful. I mean, you'd totally be awesome to bring in if we had show and tell! 'This is my sibling, Mel! They're genderfluid, demisexual, and can barely function without coffee! Oh, and don't forget the Hello Kitty obsession!'" she teased, winking playfully as she shoved the rest of her fry in her mouth, "They'd gobble you right up. But at least I can now help with advocacy and outreach. That's the ultimate goal, anyway." Watching what her older sibling had gone through when she was a little kid made her eventual career path clear as day. If she could teach others about different gender and sexual identities, maybe fewer kids would get kicked out or get ostracized. The fact that there was still prejudice going on was kind of insane, in her opinion. Still, at least she had a way to help.

Lara blinked in surprise, licking her lips after she took a sip of her drink. "Really? You're thinking of carryin' again?" she said, shifting in her seat with a hum, "That could be interesting. It's been a while since last time. Just please be careful? Definitely do more research. Don't really want a repeat of the seven months of agony." That had been horrible, it really had. Mel was sweet as pie, so having to watch as he struggled through that pregnancy had hurt. There was little she could do besides make him extra cupcakes and make the trip over to their dads' house in the French Quarter to retrieve their special gumbo. Somehow Mel had made it through, but it had been a long half a year.

"Ooooh, you're getting better!" she laughed, dragging a fry through her ketchup, "Try aiming for a minute next. I wanna see Uncle Indie's head explode." Of course, it wouldn't really happen. Still, it was a fun thought. "Maybe try for a human couple? Longer than usual, but at least they won't go shifting too much in the belly. Or at least try something less... volatile."

PMEmail
^
Melody Jourdain
 Posted: Jun 2 2016, 03:34 AM

"Ah'm lithsexual," he corrected softly as he licked at the excess juices from his cocktail from his lips, peering over, "But close ta demi. Prefer makin' partners happy over anythin' else." Stretching, feeling two tiny cracks in his spine pop one after the other, he leaned back into his chair with a slowly released hum, stormy eyes looking over his baby sibling slowly.

"My Hello Kitty adoration isn't a full-blown obsession! I may have a few ink pieces of her, but it's not like I'm the only person who likes the little fuzzy kitten." Grinning over, Mel's gaze softened as he watched Lara, though he wasn't sure exactly why.

She always evoked such strong emotions in his chest, he wished things weren't so... complicated. Silencing the thoughts before it could go too much further, he took a sip from his glass and turned his eyes onto the stage as he listened to her reply. "Human, huh? I dunno. They might not like the idea of a mixed hybrid kid. Humans tend to be more... specist. But maybe for the right couple..." Tipsy musings, but musings none the less.

"I'm gettin' better with my firewalls and shit. He's good, though. Been doin' it a lot longer than I have, and he has the patience of a damn Galapagos Tortoise. Memory of a fuckin' elephant." Laughing with an easy smile, an easy sign the alcohol was soothing off his social anxiety and knocking out his filters, Mel shook his head, but kept to himself. he wasn't gone, but he was more mellowed out by far than he had been.

"So how're you, huh? Feelin' well lately? Kinda miss feelin' ya crawl up onto my lap when I'm half asleep on the couch."

PMWebsiteAIM
^
Lara Jourdain
 Posted: Jun 11 2016, 02:46 AM

the story of tonight~
"Oh right, lithsexual. Sorry, bro. That would be even better, actually... I don't think my class has even heard that term before," she chuckled, taking a sip from her drink with a soft hum, "Mmm. That actually sounds pretty nice. Most of th' guys I get with get off an' leave me hangin'. I mean, sex is good, but I like gettin' off every once in a while, dammit." Normally she wouldn't be talking so candidly to her sibling about shit like this, but the alcohol had loosened her tongue quite a bit and she wasn't exactly caring to censor herself. What was the point? They lived together and he was the person she was closest to. Why did it matter?

"It totally is an obsession! I mean, who else do ya know that loves Hello Kitty and has gotten tattoos of her? Adoration is collectin' plushies, obsession is inkin' her into your skin, bro. Just sayin'," she teased with a wink. Okay, so her sibling's love of the little kitten was a little out there to her, but at least she had a surefire theme for gifts that would probably last for a lifetime. Hello Kitty and Doctor Who were staples in their house. Their teapot was a TARDIS and their toaster burned Hello Kitty into their bread. It was pretty cool, actually, but she'd never really say it.

Feeling like a little shit, she reached across the table to snag his glass, taking a sip of his drink with a hum. Not too bad. "Tha's true. They're still not very... happy wi' most of us fer decidin' to say 'hey! We live here too!' but not all of 'em are like that. 'M sure we can find th' right couple if ya really wanna do it," she said, peeking over to the stage as she licked the alcohol from her lips. She'd encountered some pretty chill humans at Tulane, but she'd also met her share of bigots in the last ten years. They just felt threatened since the whole takeover six years ago, but the country had been relatively peaceful since. Of course there was always tension, but there was little they could do about that except live.

Peering over at him, she couldn't help but smile fondly. Why did he have to be so godsdamned cute? "I've been doin' alright. It'll be nice to finally have some time off from school once finals are ova'. I'll pro'lly help out mama in her bakery for some cash, but tha's more fun than anythin' else. An' I gotta admit, I miss crawlin' in yer lap too. Yer pretty comfy."

PMEmail
^
Melody Jourdain
 Posted: Jun 28 2016, 12:32 PM

Whoa, his brain just went so far south, the demons probably felt a disturbance in the Force. Hiding a blush with a cough as he adjusted in his spot, the raven-haired nerd fiddled with his shirt hem absently, trying to not think of his baby sister on his lap. In that way. Holy hells, that was bad. No. None of that. Shaking his head, the elder sibling laughed it off as much as he could before moving to snag back his glass, rolling his eyes playfully. "Yer bein' a lil shit," he drawled, "Wot'cha doin' lately, anyway? Anyone new in yer life, there?" Oh fuck, why had he asked that? Distracting himself with taking a heavier drink from his glass, tasting that deep burn and letting it settle in his stomach, the raven's stormy eyes fell onto Lara, watching, almost memorizing features he shouldn't be idolizing. Well, they were only half siblings... That counted for something, right?

The bakery. Well, it was something. Chel was sweet, too. As much as Mel didn't know how to handle too much of the issues presented at any one time, at least Chelsea was sweet, knew how to handle herself, and never failed to get a smile out of him. Plus, Andy adored the bakery, and the little one used the signs for 'Grandma' when she spoke to or about the fae baker. It was really adorable, honestly. Better to have her around Chelsea than their grandfather, after all. The man was a hound in so many ways, it kind of scared Mel at times.

"I've just been trying to take it easy. Summer means more time with Andy, not sure how it'll go down. Tryin', though." Stormy eyes dragged across Lara's features once more, before slipping down and teasing his gaze over her form a bit more, but he hoped it wasn't too noticeable. What he did only notice now, though, was that he'd downed more than three-fourths of his glass of alcohol. Hoo boy, no wonder he was feelin' nice and relaxed, and the filters were snapping away. "I miss you," he said after a moment, sliding his glass over to offer some, "I'm not sure I'd survive in this damn city if you weren't 'round, Lar. It's been a-rough goin', but I couldn't dream o' tradin' ye fer the world, y'know that?"

PMWebsiteAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by jae/nicole (i, ii, iii, iv). mini profile by jae/nicole.